Products, services, manufacturing processes, strategic choices (raw materials, transport, energy, etc.) will have to change rapidly.
Today, more virtuous solutions must be developed in response to rising costs, changes in legislation, resource depletion and consumer expectations.
Furniture manufacturers, suppliers, designers, architects, technical experts… How to initiate these changes?
Wallonie Design and Fedustria offer a morning of discovery and exchange on approaches and topics related to trends, practices and tools that facilitate the transition to a circular economy.
The focus will be on design and its expertise in guiding these changes.
PART 1 | 10:00 – 11:30
- Designing for the circular economy
— Sara BOXUS, Project Leader cellule Design & Économie Circulaire – Wallonie Design
- Trends in the furniture sector: highlighting new developments on the international market
— Susanna CAMPOGRANDE, Research and Innovation Manager – Wood.be
- Sustainable design is a must
— Frederik DELBART, Designer – Frederik Delbart Design Studio
- Overview of the evolution of business models
— Perrine MERCENIER, Experte en économie de la fonctionnalité – EKLO
- Circularity: what challenges for the supply chains?
— Luc GENOT, Expert Logistique circulaire – Logistics in Wallonia
PART 2 | 11:45 – 13:00
- OpenStructures, a shared standard as a principle of sustainable design
— Thomas LOMMÉE, Designer – Open Structures
- Achieving circularity in the mattress industry through Digital Identification, in practice!
— Stefaan COGNIE, Head of Strategy and Business Transformation – Bekaert Deslee
- Towards a circular economy brand in the hospitality industry
A look back at the progress of EcyTwin
— Guy DE MUELENAERE, Head of Fedustria Wallonie
- The circular economy as a business priority: steps and challenges (working title)
— Dominique AMODEI, Designer – Mobitec
- Panel discussion and questions/answers
🍴 13:00 : networking lunch